Monday, May 07, 2012

Alien washing

Our washing machine is making an unusual noise, something between a hum and a rhythmic undulation. It sounds like men sawing wood in a forest. My wife thinks its unnatural. I think the washing machine is signaling to aliens. I began to be concerned when a group of people gathered below our window and began looking skyward. Some of them knelt and they were muttering or maybe praying.

I decided to end this situation, so I went to pull the plug on it, but I could not pull it out. Instead I received a mild shock, as if to tell me to leave well alone but not enough to hurt me. I am sure the clothes inside are very clean by now, so why won't the machine quit. Is it sending messages and attracting aliens from a distant galaxy, or is it signaling that it is in distress? Will they come in peace or attack? "Honestly (I'm practicing my speech) I had nothing to do with it, I always give it the best care and called the best servicemen." Then I had an idea, why not call one now, since this is indeed an emergency.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that I went to the dentist the day before. He drilled so far into my upper tooth that I think he hit my brain. I asked him politely to avoid the corpus callosum, that's where higher decision making takes place, but he ignored my pleas and put in an even longer drill. He promised it wouldn't hurt, and it didn't, because the brain itself does not have nerves. But, I could tell he had hit the brain because the charge was large enough to include brain surgery.

I am telling you this to liven up the very serious atmosphere in Israel. Mind you, the aliens, when they arrived were not at all threatening, although they transported the washing machine technician. And my ability to use higher order logic has not been impaired as you can tell by my other blogs. Also, I have some very clean clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home