Friday, July 13, 2012

Other planets

Several people have asked me if, when we returned from our vacation, were the aliens still here, were they still inhabiting the washing machine that had been signaling to them?  The answer is "no."  Don't be ridiculous, whoever heard of little green men living in a washing machine.  But, I must admit that I miss the little green guys.  Sometimes I think I see them scuttling around just outside my view, but then again that might be my imagination. 
Occasionally when I awake from my afternoon nap, I am not sure which planet I am on.  Of course, you rational mortals might scoff at that, but consider this.  In my impressionable waking state I sometimes imagine that I am a child, running around blissfully, hiding in dark places, laughing, giggling, without self-consciousness or responsibilities.  That is another planet.  When I see children I want to go and play with them and pretend that I am one of them, but then in our society that could be dangerous.  People might think that I am a Catholic priest.  I hate people who harm children. Then I think of the over a million Jewish children who were murdered by the German Nazis and their henchmen with cruelty and without pity, how was it possible?  That must have been on another planet, not one that corresponds to my experience or comprehension.
 Different planets don't all have to be inhabited by little green men.  There is a planet in which people hate each other, where those who believe in the Assad are killing those who hate the Assad.  On this planet those who hate Jews and non-believers want to blow them up and destroy them.  I can understand why they disagree, but why is it necessary to kill them. It must be a pretty bad planet.  I believe that somewhere there is a planet where the inhabitants don't kill each other because they disagree, but so far I have not found that planet.  I hope one day to wake up there. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home