Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Local gravity increase

Walking in the street recently I noticed that my feet were feeling heavier than usual, they were sticking to the pavement.  It was like being a diver walking with lead boots, or trying to run in molasses.  I realized that this was due to a local gravitational increase (LGI), greater than we usually experience on the earth.  I discovered this phenomenon recently, as a corollary to the "bed glue" that prevents me getting up out of bed in the morning (it is colorless and odorless, so no wonder it was not discovered before).
Perhaps this LGI was due to the fact that I was on my way to the gym for my usual work-out. I am supposed to work out twice a week, but it seems to be less often than that, about twice yearly.  I am puzzled why the route to the gym should have this sudden increase in gravity. 
I found myself going to the gym because my internet connection was not working.  I am nothing without my server.  Maybe this is the cause of the LGI.  What is the connection?  I discovered that I could not telephone HOT, the company that is my server.  So in desperation I contacted Bezeq that runs my e-mail.  They put me thru to HOT and miraculously the guy on the line spoke English.  He told me to open the router software.  Then he had me click on something and there was an entry for different types of connection.  He had me change it from "WLAN" to "Dynamic IP."  Don't ask me what this means, I have no idea.  But, I see in some mysterious way that this may be connected to the LGI.  I am leaving this as testimony so that future generations may be able to study the causes of LGI.
What is most mysterious is that my system ran fine with the internet when the router was set in WLAN.  So how did it change?  Yes, I agree this is too mysterious to be due to purely rational causes.  Time to invoke the Great Fairy in the Sky, he/she/or it was undoubtedly responsible.  And while you're at it, ask it about LGI, why does it only seem to happen to me? 
Happy new year to all my readers! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home