Sunday, October 12, 2008

Nightmare

This morning when I woke up, with bleary eyes, I rolled out of bed and sat next to my bedside cupboard and lifted the glass of water to my lips to take a sip and there inside the glass, the length of the bottom, was a huge disgusting cockroach. I flipped out, and I nearly threw it out, but then seeing the nearby window I made a grab for the louver, flung it open and tossed the disgusting thing out of the window.

I looked around, but of course there was no evidence of any others. I swear this was the largest one I had ever seen in my life. How did it get into my water container, a plastic one with sides that flare outwards. Either it flew right in, or more likely it somehow smelled the water and scuttled in. There was just enough water in there to cover it. And where did it come from, did it just fly in through the slats or was it "domestic." They say that if you see one there are hundreds more, but we haven't seen one for ages. Now I am afraid to go to sleep. Maybe they have a nest under my bed, although I've looked and there's nothing there, where do they come from?

The worst thing is that I sip my water during the night when I wake up, and I know I sipped it last night, so the question is, was the monster in there when I sipped it or not? If it was in there, I could have swallowed it! Ugh, the thought makes me cringe! But, they do say its good protein.

Lesson to be learned, use a cover on your bedside water container, and always look in the glass before drinking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home