Thursday, August 01, 2013

Having a break

I was crawling around on the floor under my desk. Was I seeking enlightenment? No, actually I was sorting out the wires of the computer that I had just moved, when I stretched a bit too far and felt a sudden sharp pain in my lower right chest area. At first I thought I had pulled a muscle, but since it persisted and was very localized on the surface I thought it might be a broken rib (this happened to me once before). Of course, I could have blamed it on my grandson Rafi for forcing me to carry heavy furniture and boxes (that's meant to be a joke), but I decided to go to the doctor anyway.

I was taking a chance in going to the doc because he could have said, "yes its broken and you can't fly," when we are scheduled to leave for vacation in a few days. But, he gave me a permission slip for an x-ray and said "go and get one if it doesn't get better." Well, I had to know, so I went straight to the x-ray clinic and had a scan and they told me, "yes, you have a break, but its a very small one." So I was thinking what to do and I decided that I would not go back to the doc in case he told me I can't fly, when he called me while I was still in the car (yes, they are that efficient here). He said "I saw that you have a break," so I said "yes, a small one." So he replied, "well, since there's nothing we can do about it, come back to see me in a month and we'll do a follow-up x-ray." In other words, knowing that I'm flying next week, he was letting me off the hook.

So this is a warning to everyone, no strong hugs and no playful punches in the rib area. If it doesn't get worse then I'll be OK, and I have a painkiller to take. But, I won't be able to do any work such as cleaning up and clearing dishes, etc. I must rest as much as possible. How convenient since I'll be on vacation anyway.

So now I'm taking a break (ha, ha!), while I rest up in Jolly Olde and perhaps see some sights. Enjoy the rest of the hot summer, from your favorite blogger, Jack. And don't forget, "break a leg, or whatever..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home